Hey guys! It’s a monday. You know what that means?
YES…it’s the awful overpowering feeling of the Monday blues. You’re exhausted with no motivation or drive to get things accomplished. You are flooded with the thoughts of ‘Why do I get out of bed?’, ‘There’s not enough coffee for this.’ or ‘ I could call in sick, no one would know!”
Well, I’m challenging you to conquer that feeling! I believe in you!
Don’t let it overpower you! (well, maybe sleep in for a few extra minutes… it shouldnt harm anything 😛 ) But get out there! Speaking just on being able to get writing done (although I’m sure this will work for just about anything!)
Here are 5 things to jumpstart yourself:
- Get a warm shower!
- Get that blood flowing. Warm yourself up. Focus and get rejuvenated for the day.
2. Get a hot coffee or tea!( or cold if that’s what you prefer!)-
- getting something in your system is a great way to start the day. Grab a bite to eat, have something to drink. Wake up your mind and remind yourself you have a life to live!
3. Time yourself!
- Something we do in our writing club (kings daughters writing camp- i’ll fill you in more about it in another post) is we do what are called sprints. You will never write an entire book if you don’t take little steps. You can’t sit down and go “one and done ” It’s little by little. If you can’t write whole chapters or you don’t have time to do the whole thing at once, do a sprint. 10 minutes or 15 minutes is a good start! Whether you’re writing, or cleaning or
4. Have goals!
- Make a small daily task list. As a writer, it might include editing a post, or writing an essay, or covering an emotional scene. For daily living it might be prep for teaching a class, doing the dishes, taking a devotional/bible study hour. I have found that having a cute task list really works for me. But just a few check marks on a single piece of paper can lift my spirits and help me feel just that much more successful on my monday!
5. Have fun!
- A monday doesn’t have to be absolutely awful! Give yourself small joys throughout the day. You accomplished two tasks? Great job! Give yourself a chocolate! You did the dishes! A+! Give yourself a sticker! You did your devotions? Congratulations! Go take a few moments outside to yourself.
Mondays can have many joys in them as long as we don’t get stuck in the humdrum and the ho hum attitude. Feel free to send more ideas! I can always do a part two! But keep your head up and do your best to avoid the Monday blues.
Image from Shutterstock